Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hey Ma! Look what I made!

As follow up to this post:

Last Saturday afternoon, I took a leisurely trip to a specialty grocery store near my apartment, Agata Valetina.
Image source: Agata Valetina

Specialty grocery stores like this in NYC are amazing - fresh produce, baked breads, cheeses, seafood, olive oils and coffee, freshly made pastas and gelatos (seriously - freshly made gelato that they sell in cartons).

Anyways, I was inspired to pick up a few random things and try out combining two of the inspirations from that post: a combination of the crostinis and figs.

Tada!

May I present to you...

Crostini with fresh ricotta, dried Turkish figs, honey and mint

Image source: me! (Jane W.)

I wish I took more photos of the process, but alas, I just snapped a couple pics on my sad ol' point-and-shoot and called it a day.

(A DSLR is on my *wish list* but it'll have to wait for now.)

To be honest, I was STARVING when I made this dish, and I scarfed it down in 5 minutes! It ended up being my early dinner / late afternoon snack.

I was intending for this to be an "appetizer" to dinner (main course supposed to be roast chicken I picked up from Agata Valetina) -- but FUNNY, when I returned home from my trip out, Nick had ... *wait for it* ... ordered himself a personal size Dominos pizza and eaten it all by the time I got home!

Boys! What are you going to do with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment