Saturday, March 16, 2013

Austerity Program implemented

This week, I told all my colleagues at work about my shopping ban. My boss responded, "Gasp! No spring shopping? No Forever21 spring clothes?"

Another person on my team told us a story of a former co-worker of his who did the same. This woman would go on what she called the "Austerity Program" and would not shop for 2 months. But then once she was off the "austerity program," whoooeeee, it was a shopping spree!

I thought that was a clever name, so I'm adopting it.

Austerity Program has been implemented!

Now that I'm "on hold," I'm just in a "browsing" mode. I've decided I need to do more research, planning, and careful decision making when I do allow myself to shop again. What do I really need or want? How do things fit into my life? (Really, actually, I need to focus my attention and effort on other things. Like my career. Blehhh.)

(ADD kicks in.) Ohhh, I want this:


My A.P. really should include food. I sooo enjoy going out to eat, and that really does eat up a lot of $$ as well (Hehe, get it? "Eat" up? Hehe!).

Good thing good food doesn't have to cost a lot. Last night, I went out for some delicious ramen with my friend/colleague Ji and her boyfriend Justin. It's a place where REAL JAPANESE PEOPLE go eat ramen, so you know it's good! And it's pumping me up for my trip to Asia.

And yes, I know, we're so typical Asians - All our names start with the letter J! Haha!

Photo credit: R. Chin

After we finished our food, we sat around and repeatedly said to each other, "I'm soooo full... I'm sooo tired..."

Great way to end the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment