Monday, January 6, 2014

It's Real Simple, you see...

I'm incredibly OCD. It's undiagnosed, but I'm sure I have some iteration of it.

The littlest things can take hold of my mind, and there's a nagging voice inside that won't go away until whatever "it" is taken care of... "It" is usually something I "need" to obtain (a physical thing) or something I need to do.

To combat this (or to feed it?), I make many lists. I think there have been articles written about how making lists can be... bad.

According to a NYTimes article:
"Making a to-do list should be easy: You just write down all the things you need to do, do them, and check them off your list as you go along, right?
Wrong.
People fall into all kinds of traps with their to-do lists. They allow wishful thinking to take over and put too many tasks on their lists. They have lists all over the place, sometimes both paper and electronic. They put vague and unrealistic goals on their lists. Or they set up impossibly short time frames for completing their tasks."
My affinity for lists in the last few years has really gotten hold of me, and I make a list of almost every Friday of things I want to do that weekend. IT'S THE WEEKEND! You would think I would want to relax!

Nope. I'm all about making lists for the weekend, too.

I also love reading lists... A great source of lists/tips is the magazine REAL SIMPLE. I thought this magazine must have been MADE for me when I first saw it.

Here are some examples from a shoe post they did:

How genius is this?! Duct tape as shoe sole, if it has a slippery sole:

Image credit: Real Simple

Or THIS - Wine bottles as boot supporters!!! I've been using rolled up magazines/catalogs, but this looks like it could be even better!

Image credit: Real Simple
 
Update: I tried this last tip, and the circumference of the bottles were too big for my boots/legs/feet. I'll have to try again when I get my hands on... skinner bottles, I guess.
 
I'll add it to my To-Do list.

1 comment:

  1. Totally going to use the duct tape trick. I get leather soles put on my more expensive shoes, but my Zara babies could totally use this!

    ReplyDelete