Sunday, October 27, 2013

Got some plants! and boots.


So excited. Their new home is on my windowsill.

Now I've been doing some reading on how to keep these babies alive. :)

Separately... Nick has been on a Breaking Bad BINGE. He's almost done with Season 4, and he only started watching a few weeks ago. Ridiculous!!! It's been driving me crazy!!!

And, I have also majorly been breaking my "no shopping ban." Oops!

I picked these two up on sale at the L&T friends and family sale online. I'm actually not a HUGE Nine West fan, but occasionally a shoe here or there surprises me.

I first read about the bootie on this blog You Look Fab. Looks like they are on even more sale right now at Zappos!
(image: Zappos)

I figure these will work well in the winter, for work events/meetings, to wear with my long wide-leg work pants that need heels... Practical, I know.

I haven't gotten the booties yet, but I got the riding boots and LOVE them!
(image: 5th village)

... However, the shaft is a bit big for my calf, so I'm debating whether or not to keep them. Is that the style?! Probably not. I guess I have small calves. I'm not a fan of those boots with the elastic part, to fit tight across the calf!

Here's a pic of me wearing my tighest jeggings (jean leggings!) + the new boots. Sorry for the grainy pic, I used my iphone. (Not like my digital camera would take anything better... That's another thing on my want list! A nice digital SLR!)


Sigh. Doesn't look great from this angle.

I put it on with a coat, and Nick said I looked fine!

I'm still deciding!

Edit: I found this forum thread from 2 years ago that debates this very topic... But still no conclusion. One comment that was helpful was - Riding boots (derived from riding horses) should fit snug, like their origins.
Sigh... I'll have to try them on again tonight with some other clothes and see. I really do love them! I love how simple and clean they are, and the leather is very soft/smooth. Although, for boots, I do like the grainy/pebble leather.

EDIT 11/4/13: I returned them! A co-worker said they were too wide at the top, making me look like a PIRATE!!! Or, I realized, they made me look like SANTA.

However, I found another pair, which I'll post about soon... I don't LOVE the *toe* part of the boot, which is important to me, but it's TOO LATE -- I've worn them outside and thus, un-returnable. (It's obvious they've been worn.)

No comments:

Post a Comment