Monday, October 7, 2013

Letter to Tote Makers

Dear Tote Makers,
Why can't great totes have zippers? I don't understand this.

SO MANY bags do not come with zippers.

Um, hello. I live in NYC. I don't want someone reaching their arm into my bag and stealing my wallet while I'm on the crowded subway.

Is it unfashionable?
More cool to have an open bag?
More rustic/indie/hipster/whatever when the leather or canvas tote just has a button closure or no closure at all?

Really, I would prefer it if my bag was pickpocket-proof.

Example: Tote with a button closure. No zipper.
Example: High-end designer tote that many NYC girls and women carry:

... that is sooo easy to pickpocket...

If I were a thief, I would totally reach my hands into all these open bags and grab something!

Just sayin'!

HELLO BAG MAKERS. PLEASE ADD ZIPPERS! Make them hidden or something!

Thanks,
Jane

P.S. My old bag didn't have a zipper either (below). I've finally given in and bought a Longchamp this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Valid point! I always worry about this on the metro!

    ReplyDelete