Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Too trendy for meee... the Oversized Coat

Sometimes (often) there are trends that look fantastic photographed.

One trend, for example, is the OVERSIZED COAT.

ASOS models and style bloggers pull it off.

... However, I do not.

Maybe I just chose a particularly ugly one to buy and try on... and maybe I went one size too large (I don't think so, though, I went with my usual size).

While I don't always listen to Nick's opinion (think: Man Repeller blog!), I do take into consideration if he VISCERALLY reacts with repulse when I try something on!

Nick: "NO."

So, may I present...

The coat that looked awful on. (But looks awesome on the model?)

Image 4 of ASOS Striped Ovoid Coat


Separately, this Friday, Nick and I are going to see Avenue Q!!!

http://www.avenueq.com/

Last month, we saw Book of Mormon - and I thought it'd be great to see the previous show that the composer Robert Lopez had worked on. He recently won a Oscar* for co-writing the song "LET IT GO" with his wife, for the movie Frozen! He became one of the few people that have won a Tony, Emmy, Oscar, Grammy!

I can't wait.

*sings*What do you do, with a BA in English?... It sucks to be meee... You live on Avenue Qqqqqq!

(Ok, admitedly, I don't know many words to the songs off the top of my head, but they're on the tip of my tongue! I'll know it when I hear it!)

1 comment:

  1. The oversized coat is tricky. I have one from Mango that I love, but that's an exception, not the rule. Most make my head look abnormally small and make me look like I'm a kid trying on my mom's clothing. But I digress. I really want to see Book of Mormon in the worst sort of way!

    ReplyDelete